In-home product tests
Random ICP has unmatched expertise in multi-country in-home product testing. We have conducted over 10'000 in-home product tests in 15 European countries since 1995. More than 500'000 European consumers have already participated in our in-home product tests.
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom
- South Africa
Random ICP guarantees its clients 3 key benefits using our unique, tried-and-tested in-home product test methodology:
1 70% response rates significantly reducing product sample waste
Random ICP builds a dedicated, client-proprietary consumer panel for product testing:
- 100% consumer buy-in to participate in the panel (written agreement)
- 100% verification of consumer eligibility prior to each product test
- 100% match with consumer selection criteria
Leading to 70% response rates and therefore minimal product sample waste.
3 steps are followed in building your company’s proprietary consumer panel for in-home product tests:
Raw Consumer Universe panel
Creating a ‘Universe’ of potential consumers from multiple sources, for example:
- the client’s in-house customer database
- Face-to-face recruitment
- Buying target consumers from an external panel provider
Dedicated consumer survey panel
Following recruitment, all consumers are validated via Telephone (CATI) from our Swiss-based Call Center, using mother-tongue interviewers. This validates each Panelist’s:
- Eligibility: the consumer corresponds to the target sample (screener) and quotas
- Contact details and availability: address, telephone, email, absences,…
- Interest and motivation in participating in your product tests over a reasonable time period in the future
Selecting the sample for a specific in-home test
Prior to sending out the product samples, we systematically call all selected Panelists (CATI) to verify their:
- Current eligibility
- Willingness to test the product
- Availability for delivery of the products and communicate their opinions post-testing
2 Product testing in real-life situations
In-home product delivery
Random ICP’s 20 years' experience of in-home product testing across Europe has demonstrated that in order to obtain robust, reliable data for product tests, which can also be compared over time, consumers should be asked to test the product:
- In their everyday real-life environment (as opposed to ‘artificial’ locations e.g. in-hall/in-mall/test studios….)
- At a time that corresponds to their personal convenience (rather than the client or research agency’s convenience)
We can set up the logistics for you to prepare the product packs to be sent out to the selected Panelists. Depending on your requirements, your in-home product testing can be set-up as:
3 Cost efficiency through remote data collection
In order to keep costs to a minimum Random ICP retrieves each Panelist’s opinions and impressions of the test product remotely from our offices in Switzerland.
- Panelists test the product during a pre-defined timeframe, and then fill-in the questionnaire which they receive with the test product.
- We then retrieve their answers either by telephone (CATI) from our Swiss Call Center, using mother-tongue interviewers, or online (CAWI), or by ‘mixed mode’ combining both methodologies, whichever method the Panelist prefers.